How & when did Kristi Overton Johnson Ministries begin?
KOJM was Founded by Kristi Overton Johnson in 2009. With a passion to encourage, equip and empower people to live victorious lives, Kristi combined her faith in Jesus Christ, love for people, and lessons she learned as a world champion water skier in this not-for-profit organization.
How did a former water skier end up in prison ministry?
A visit with an incarcerated friend in 2013 opened Kristi’s eyes to the hopelessness of life and the humanity of men and women behind bars. This revelation birthed in her a desire to go behind bars and tell them of the God of second chances.
How does KOJM minister to incarcerated men and women?
KOJM ministers through Victorious Living Magazine, Prison Correspondence, Mentorship, and evangelistic events. God sends our publication + correspondence to people in their darkest hour.
What are the core values of KOJM?
How can a prisoner come into contact with KOJM?
- Meet a team member at a prison outreach event.
- Discover an issue of our free magazine for inmates, Victorious Living. (KOJM mails quarterly cases of Victorious Living to the prison chaplain for distribution.)
- Fellow prisoner may share VL with them.
- A friend or family member may ask our ministry to reach out directly to the prisoner.
What happens next?
After receiving VL Magazine, an inmate can write to our ministry. The Victorious Living bi-lingual writing team will then send a welcome packet and begin correspondence.
How can the local church and KOJM partner?
Victorious Living magazine and Victorious Living Prison Outreach offers effective tools to reach the lost for Christ both within a church’s local community and behind prison walls.
Victorious Living Magazine provides the local church with:
- An opportunity for their members to share personal stories of God’s faithfulness.
- An avenue to witness to their community, share programs and upcoming events as the magazine can be tailored to an individual church.
- An opportunity to impact prisoners with the Word of God by sponsoring local prisons.
How can my donation impact this ministry?
- $25 provides donor Victorious Living.
- $1,000 provides 2 cases of Victorious Living (300 copies) each quarter to a prison of choice.
- $2,000 provides 2 cases of Victorious Living (300 copies) each quarter to prison of choice, provides monthly discipleship for fifteen inmates, and sends Kristi & team into one prison to share the Gospel with inmates.
- $5,000 provides 2 cases of Victorious Living (300 copies) each quarter to prison of choice, provides monthly discipleship for fifteen inmates, and sends Kristi and team into two prisons to share the Gospel with inmates. At the $5,000 support level, Kristi Overton Johnson will also come speak to members of your organization ($2,500 value).